Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Starbucks Chocolate Bar

Just had the Starbucks chocolate bar, not bad. Not very good but not that bad. However, if I were going to spend my money on chocolate, I think that would be the second to last chocolate I'd buy. I can't count Hershey's as chocolate and I certainly wont count Nestle's. First I wouldn't buy is Godiva.

The thing about the Starbucks bar is that it is too sweet. They use Semi Sweet Chocolate. Semi Sweet means around 45%-50% sugar added. At Life by Chocolate, we use 64-72% dark chocolate, meaning that less than a 1/3 of the mix is sugar. More chocolate taste. I actually use a grade couverture, meaning to cover. Better chocolate. Professional grade. Used for making confections and chocolates.

So, the first chocolate bar I would buy would be Life by Chocolate but if I wanted just straight chocolate, I might go with Taza. Kim would probably go for Dagoba. She just told me that Dagoba would be her second choice after Taza. Of course, what she really means is that she'd go first for Life by Chocolate and then Taza and then Dagoba.

Speaking of straight chocolate, I'll be coming out with a new bar that is straight chocolate, code name Dark Bar.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home