Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Braised Beef Ribs

I'm making my braised beef ribs for dinner. I'm serving sour dough bread,







riced potatoes, peppers and onion and I might service it over orzo. Undecided.

I used the same oven for the sour dough that I used braise the beef. The good thing is that I get to free up an oven for baking the bad thing is I can't vent the steam. Ouch.

I didn't get as much oven spring as I would have liked but then, I only proofed this for 2 days, not 3, and I let it rise only about 8 hours, not 12 or 24. Still, it'll come out delicious with a nice sour dough taste and a crispy, crunchy crust. It did double in bulk in the pan, so I'm happy with that. Sour dough take some work. (And it did come out very good. Yummer. Kim says it was sour doughy enough for her.)

I served my hot salad, mixed greens, a hot apple cider vinaigrette with garlic and some of those peppers and onions right on top.





The main course.



And finally, Kim's fresh blueberry streusel with a lemon cream filling. Yum.





Yes, this year, I have definitely reverted back to comfort food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home