Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Manhattan Luncheries! Thank you.

Thank you one and all for the outpouring of ideas about lunch in Manhattan. Sniff. I didn't know I had so many virtual friends. And the winner is Lupa. We actually had to change our train tickets to make Lupa in time for lunch.

A big thanks goes to, Stacey. Stacey, your no-prize is in the the mail. Thanks again.

Actually, Stacey, if you send me your address, I'll send a chocolate bar as a thank you. BTW, I emailed a friend of mine who is the director at Gilt to see if Gilt had lunch. Sad to say, nope. Have you ever noticed that? The great places just don't do lunch. Or at least, very few great places do. Lunch is no longer a grand restaurant concept, unfortunately. That's an idea, a grand lunch place in Manhattan. There are precious few. I know, it's tough enough doing dinner. But still...

Anyway, Gilt looks beautiful. I still haven't eaten there. My friend used to be a captain a Per Se. So, Gilt must be good if he is working there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home