Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

My new tempering machine



I do quite a bunch of hand tempering because I don't have the capacity to do all the chocolate that I need to do. So, I do much of the chocolate by hand. I'm trying out a new system, using my mixer, to agitate the chocolate as it cools in front of the air-conditioner. Eat your heart out ChocoVision. This set up is certainly cheaper and easier than doing it by hand.






Notice the infrared temperature thermometer. Nice.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nazarina A said...

I saw Jacques torres using the infrared themometer. It is a really cool gadget, just point and record your reading!
You are a serious lover of chocolate! From now on I shall use "life by chocolate!"

September 14, 2008 at 4:28 PM  
Blogger Mark by Chocolate said...

Indeed, Nazarina A, thanks.

I have two of these thermometers. You have to remember, though, that even the expensive ones, and the one I have pictured is not expensive but only $35 or so, it only takes surface temperatures so you have to stir while you use it.

Thanks so much. You will enjoy your Life (by Chocolate) very much if you eat my chocolate and confections. Though, no guarantees. ;-) Order some. I have just made some yummy nougat and some great almond butter crunch. I love both these confections.

September 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home