Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Azure Cafe, Freeport Maine


Kim and I have eaten at some pretty good restaurants in Maine, specifically in Bar Harbor. On this trip, the best place I ate was the Azure Cafe in Freeport. It was delightful.

Azure Cafe
123 Main Street
Freeport, Maine
Phone: (207) 865-1237

They have their own bubbly water. How cute is that?


These were some great fish cakes. On a fish cake you can either go with the barely held together cake crammed with crab or fish or you can go with the fried to golden crisp cake crammed with cake and fish. These were like round, flat croquettes and very pleasing.


When they say house salad, they really mean house. This was a very beautiful and small salad but I was glad it wasn't that large because after the fish cakes and my first sidecar, I was full. The lounge waitress and bartender was very good at listening to direction. My first sidecar was good but my second was great.


For the main(e) course, I had risotto. Now, as you know, I like my risotto creamy. I don't know why but this risotto was extremely al dente. I do like my risotto al dente and make it that way but I do not like it dry. The top part of this risotto verged on dry. I do like my risotto all'onda and it has to be made with arborio rice. The flavor was good though and this looks fine.


Finally, I had a good cannoli with pistachio sprinkled on top. As you can see, the ricotta cheese is homemade and it is very loose. However, loose or no, this tasted very good. It didn't taste like the traditional ricotta I grew up with or made but it was still good.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home