Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Chocolate BBQ Sauce that's to die for





This is my wonderful BBQ Sauce for my BBQ Beef Ribs. It is heavenly with a tough of Natural Cocoa Powder to give it depth and round out the kick you get from the urfa. This is simple to make. First we take stew for 30 mins the following:

25 Romas
2 red peppers

Don't forget to clean the Romas and the peppers and take out the seeds on the peppers and the stems on both. Next we blend. I used an immersion blender.



Then I added

4 T garlic
1 T smoked sea salt
1/2 cup molasis
1/4 apple cider vinegar

2-3 T urfa
white pepper
green pepper
1 T green tabasco
1/8 cup worster sauce
1/2 cup honey mustard
1/4 cup natural cocoa powder

And simmered for about 3 hours or until about a third of the liquid has been lost. I blended again to make it smoother. I actually did this in two stages. I simmered for 1 hour and then let it rest for a couple of days while my ribs were coming in. Then I simmered again until it reduced about a third.



I apply my sauce to the BBQ as I finish cooking. I usually apply about three times over the last two hours of BBQing. Then I apply again before serving and I give the diners some extra so that they can add sauce as they will, in the grand Texas tradition.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan@LunaCafe said...

This sauce sounds amazing! Smoke, molasses, and chocolate. I can't wait to try it. :-)

June 28, 2009 at 3:30 AM  
Blogger Mark by Chocolate said...

You have to let this reduce quite a bit else use tomato paste.

June 28, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Jan Richards said...

Wow...definitely trying your recipes here, starting with the chocolate barbecue sauce.

Thanks for the Throwdown! It's been lots of fun.

June 30, 2009 at 3:52 AM  
Blogger Mark by Chocolate said...

You are welcome.

June 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Mark by Chocolate said...

You are welcome.

June 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home