Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chaussons Aux Pommes (Apple Turnovers) - Step 2


Who are we kidding? There isn't an apple in site. These are definitely cherry and apricot turnovers. I started out with the idea of using apple butter as the filling since Kim gets jars and jars of the stuff from her mom. She grew up on it. I will attempt to use it but in the meantime, let's talk filling.

To make the filling first we need the ingredients.

Ingredients Cherry

1 cup dried cherries whole
2 T butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 t salt (I like to mix my salt and sugar together.)
Cognac (I started out with my cherries already soaked in Cognac.)
Green Pepper to taste

Ingredients Apricot

1 cup dried apricot diced
2 T butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 t salt
Grand Marnier (I started out with my cherries already soaked in Grand Marnier.)
Green Pepper to taste

I saute the fruit in the butter until tender in the liquor.



Basically, when it starts turning color your good to go. About 5-10 minutes.



I do this on high flame and stir. Next I add the sugar and salt and cook it for about 3 more minutes.



I then add some green pepper.



This is optional but do it, you'll love it. This mixture then has to cool before you use it. Enjoy. That's it. Unless you want to use the apple butter you are done. If you want to use the apple butter get the jar out and let it warm up.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous LunaCafe said...

This is looking yummy! I can smell it from here. :-) ...Susan

December 28, 2009 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Mark by Chocolate said...

It is very yummy. Though I think I'll add more sugar next time.

December 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home