Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

What is a Hoob and where do I find one?


When I lived in California, my wife, Kim got for me a birthday present a lesson to make beer at the same place that brewed Pete's Wicked Ale. I went and tried to make a beer I called The Finger of God, a very, very alcoholic, almost barely wine, type of beer with plenty of fermentable. The people at the Make-Your-Own-Beer place ruined it when they put it in unsanitized carboys. I know. WTF? (As in a class 5 Tornado is The Finger of God. So, a super alcoholic beer would be like that, oh yeah.)

So, on my birthday last year, John, my brother, bought me a beer making kits. He sells them at the City Brewshop. He also gives you lessons, too. Take one and start brewing. You wont stop.

When we were little, I walked into a convocation of John's friends, I think it was a band practice or something, and I said, "Who believes me?" or something like that because of something that I've completely forgotten so they started calling me a Hooble as ine Hooblee me.

I loved it and started calling John and anyone else that was acting goofy a Hooblee or for short a Hoob. So, when Johnny gave me the kit, he provided the recipe Finger of Hoob, which came out delish. And it's a chocolate stout because I'm a chocolatier.

Finger of Hoob. LOL. Enjoy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home