Life by Chocolate

Chocolate, white, milk, dark, in all its forms forms life. Chocolate truffles, caramels, and other confections are at the core of enjoyment. This is life by chocolate because death by chocolate is the wrong attitude.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Poblano and chipotle Airline Chicken Recipe



I tell people that if they want a recipe for a particular dish they had here at the Hudson River Valley Art Workshops or Fiber Art Workshops, to please remind me. Nay, bug me, I tell them. Well, you have nagged me enough and I thank you. I am going write down some of the recipes from this year and publish them on this blog, including the fabulous Nesselrode Pudding. (Yes, there are still places in this century that serve this fabulous dessert and the Hudson River Valley Art Workshops is one of them.) If you don't see a recipe you adore, please continue nagging me and bugging me and I'll get to it. Thanks again for coming to our inn and taking our art classes. You're the best.

Ingredients:

4 airline chicken breasts (This is a breast with the wing attached.) I use "skin on" airline breasts.
1/4 cup or honey
1/4 cup of lime juice
4 cloves of garlic (more if you like garlic)
4 poblano pepers
1 chipotle pepper
salt to taste
white pepper to taste

Strip the seeds and the white membrane out of the poblano peppers and cut out any stems. Then, combine all the ingredients in a Cuisinart, using the basic blade attachment, and process until the poblano peppers are minced. Then marinate the airline breaks for at least 2 hours. Make sure the chicken is well covered. Put the chicken onto a greased sheet pan. Spoon the marinade onto the chicken. Bake the chicken at 400F for about one half hour or until the chicken reaches 165F.

Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes.

I like to serve this dish with sliced beets. Slice one beet per two people and sweat them in a pan with salt and black pepper. Sweat until sweet. I also like to serve green beans with the chicken. Sauté green beans in sesame oil with salt and ground green pepper corns. (If you don't have green pepper corns, use white pepper.) Sauté until you get a deep green color change and the beans are hot. Serve immediately.

Serves 4.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home